For Immediate Release
April 12, 2010
Contact: Lance Lindsey, 415-243-0143, cell 415-290-0410, email@example.com
What: 19th Annual Awards Dinner hosted by Death Penalty Focus celebrating individuals who have made significant contributions to the movement to end the death penalty.
When: Wednesday, April 21, 2010, 6:00pm.
Where: Beverly Hilton Hotel, 9876 Wilshire Blvd. Beverly Hills, California 90210. Please check in at the press table.
Who: Honorees include:
- Alec Baldwin: Justice in the Arts Award. Alec Baldwin is an Emmy Award Winning Actor and is an Academy Award Nominee. He is a long-time supporter of Death Penalty Focus.
- Paul Haggis: The Mario Cuomo Acts of Courage Award. Paul Haggis is an Academy Award winning filmmaker. He is a long-time supporter of Death Penalty Focus.
- Sherry & Leo Frumkin: The Rose Elizabeth Bird Commitment to Justice Award. Sherry and Leo Frumkin are social justice activists and supporters of Death Penalty Focus.
- Richard Dieter: 2010 Abolition Award. Richard Dieter is the Executive Director of the Death Penalty Information Center, and has been since 1992.
- Sister Suzanne Jabro, CSJ: the Norman Felton and Denise Aubuchon Humanitarian Award. Sister Suzanne Jabro is a hero of the Restorative Justice Movement and Executive Director of the Center for Restorative Justice Works.
Additional notables in attendance include: Mike Farrell (President of Death Penalty Focus), Shelley Fabares, James Cromwell, Jane Kaczmarek, Elizabeth Banks, Hector Elizondo, Loretta Swit, Norman Jewison, and Robbie Conal.
Richard Dieter, Mike Farrell, and Sister Suzanne Jabro are available for interviews in advance of the event. Please contact Lance Lindsey at 415-243-0143 for more information.
Death Penalty Focus is a national non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about the death penalty and its alternatives. Founded in 1988, the organization is based in San Francisco. For more information, visit: www.deathpenalty.org.